Mozilla rilascia Firefox 1.5 RC 2
Disponibile la versioen 1.5 RC 2 di Mozilla Firefox. I cambiamenti apportati nelle due Release Candidate li trovate qui sotto:
Here’s what’s new in Firefox 1.5 RC 2:
- Several fixes to automated update system.
Here’s what’s new in Firefox 1.5 RC 1:
- Automated update to streamline product upgrades. Notification of an update is more prominent, and updates to Firefox may now be half a megabyte or smaller. Updating extensions has also improved.
- Faster browser navigation with improvements to back and forward button performance.
- Drag and drop reordering for browser tabs.
- Improvements to popup blocking.
- Clear Private Data feature provides an easy way to quickly remove personal data through a menu item or keyboard shortcut.
- Answers.com is added to the search engine list .
- Improvements to product usability including descriptive error pages, redesigned options menu, RSS discovery, and “Safe Mode” experience.
- Better accessibility including support for DHTML accessibility and assistive technologies such as the Window-Eyes 5.5 beta screen reader for Microsoft Windows. Screen readers read aloud all available information in applications and documents or show the information on a Braille display , enabling blind and visually impaired users to use equivalent software functionality as their sighted peers.
- Report a broken Web site wizard to report Web sites that are not working in Firefox.
- Better support for Mac OS X (10.2 and greater) including profile migration from Safari and Mac Internet Explorer.
- Many security enhancements.
- List of notable bug fixes since Firefox 1.5 Beta 2
Il download nelle varie lingue è disponibile a questo indirizzo, al momento manca la lingua italiana, quindi tenete d’occhio il sito mozilla nei prossimi giorni.