Tre vulnerabilità per il software VoIP Skype
Con un advisory, Secunia segnala tre vulnerabilità critiche presenti nel software VoIP Skype, sfruttabili da malintenzionati. Fortunatamente basta aggiornare il proprio software.
Some vulnerabilities have been reported in Skype, which can be exploited by malicious people to cause a DoS or to compromise a user’s system.
1) A boundary error exists when handling Skype-specific URI types e.g. “callto://” and “skype://”. This can be exploited to cause a buffer overflow and allows arbitrary code execution when the user clicks on a specially-crafted Skype-specific URL.
The vulnerability is related to:
2) A boundary error exists in the handling of VCARD imports. This can be exploited to cause a buffer overflow and allows arbitrary code execution when the user imports a specially-crafted VCARD.
Vulnerability #1 and #2 has been reported in Skype for Windows Release 1.1.*.0 through 1.4.*.83.
3) A boundary error exists in the handling of certain unspecified Skype client network traffic. This can be exploited to cause a heap-based buffer overflow.
Successful exploitation crashes the Skype client.
The vulnerability has been reported in the following versions:
* Skype for Windows Release 1.4.*.83 and prior.
* Skype for Mac OS X Release 1.3.*.16 and prior.
* Skype for Linux Release 1.2.*.17 and prior.
* Skype for Pocket PC Release 1.1.*.6 and prior.
Update to the fixed version.
Skype for Windows:
Update to Release 1.4.*.84 or later.
Skype for Mac OS X:
Update to Release 1.3.*.17 or later.
Skype for Linux:
Update to Release 1.2.*.18 or later.
Skype for Pocket PC:
No patch is yet available.